What is ICSI Treatment?
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a laboratory procedure carried out during IVF treatment where an individual sperm of a male partner is injected directly into an egg of a female partner. This can help to achieve fertilization during standard IVF treatment if there is a problem with sperm quality or quantity.
Who might be recommended for ICSI?
ICSI treatment is generally used to treat male infertility issues.
- Low or zero sperm count
- Poor sperm quality
- Immobility of sperms
- Abnormal sperms
- Previous IVF without fertilization
- For couples who have a low egg collection
- Problems getting an erection and ejaculation
Step by Step ICSI procedure:
- Controlled stimulation of ovaries
- Monitoring of follicles (eggs) and endometrial lining
- Retrieval of eggs under anesthesia: only needle prick, no cut is given
- Review of eggs quality directly by visual assessment under a microscope
- Sperm enhancement
- Injection of good quality sperm directly into an egg
- Check fertilization, growth of embryo under a microscope
- Embryo transfer-transfer of good grade embryos
How is ICSI treatment different from IVF?
The only difference between the ICSI and the IVF treatment is the injecting of healthy sperm directly into the eggshell. In IVF the gametes are kept aside to be fertilized naturally without any equipment. And in ICSI, a single and healthy sperm is injected directly into the egg which increases the chances of conception.
If the infertility issues obstructing your way to parenthood don’t just wait and get the best ICSI treatment in Sikar, Rajasthan to overcome infertility problems that are generated through male infertility factors. Contact Arihant IVF & Fertility Care Center, Sikar for the ICSI treatment with the best results. We provide the best ICSI infertility treatment under the supervision of our experienced infertility specialists and skilled medical staff.