What is Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR)?
Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR) is a medical procedure used for collecting sperm directly from a man’s testicles or epididymis. It is a procedure usually carried out as a day case under general anesthetic. This procedure is followed when some men suffer from extremely low sperm count, also known as azoospermia. For IVF treatment, Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR) is the best solution for male infertility problems.
Candidates for SSR
Surgical sperm retrieval infertility treatment is not for every man. In general, those men who are experiencing infertility due to one of the following reasons may be able to make use of SSR procedure in combination with ICSI and IVF treatment in order to produce a pregnancy:
- Blockage in the vas deferens or epididymis
- Congenital absence of the vas deferens (CAVD)
- Sperm production difficulties
Types of Surgical Sperm Retrieval
- Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA)
- Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
- Micro-dissection TESSE
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA)
- Percutaneous Biopsy
- Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA)
In a couple, if the male partner is having infertility issues then you can go for Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR) technique. Contact Arihant IVF & Infertility Care Center located in Sikar, Rajasthan having years of experience in IVF and other infertility-related treatments.